Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Goal

So what is this all about? What made me want to start writing and sharing it with anyone who happens to find it on the world wide web?  I know part of the answer, but not all of it. I will do my best to explain it all along the way, but this is also an invitation for you to join me in this quest of finding out. Feel free to comment on anything you want, and don't be afraid to speak your mind. All contributions will, in my opinion, help us find answers to the questions we all have.

I've been wanting to start a blog for a few years now. In earlier times, I would think about it for no more than a brief moment before passing it by. I figured that when I really wanted to do it, I would. I've written thoughts a few times, but only once or twice exposed it to others.  Six years ago I bought a black bound book, full of completely blank pages. It's intended for an artist to sketch, but I thought that it would also be perfect for a writer to express themselves as well.  Over a period of time, I only made contributions to the book on occasion. The majority of those contributions were from a trip to Italy I took in college, and rambled about my experiences as I went.  I hope that sketchbook is a springboard to this blog, and the success I hope to achieve with it.

Over the past couple weeks, I knew I wanted this blog more than ever. As with most things in my life, I took time to analyze that decision and what the best direction for it would be. What I discovered was that I wished to write about anything, and everything. While sounding and seeming like a very broad and terrible idea, I know that it is much more concise than that. What I mean by 'anything and everything' is that I want to post my thoughts, opinions, feelings, and perspective on life and what it has to offer.  I guarantee no particular direction from post to post, though I will gladly give you the possibility of finding some cohesion between my chosen topics.

In the end, I want to be able to read this blog and feel that I did not fail to provide a plethora of cognitive thoughts. (guess where I thought of the title?)

I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing this. I already(after two whole posts) am enjoying this process, and am terribly excited/anxious to get to the good stuff. So, without further ado...

No comments:

Post a Comment